This lecture/lab style 3-day course provides hands-on experience working with FIELDVUE™ digital valve controller using the Emerson ValveLink™ software. The class will discuss basic operation and installation of the FIELDVUE™ digital valve controller. Students will practice installing and mounting FIELDVUE™ digital valve controllers onto sliding stem and rotary control valve assemblies, as well as perform basic configuration and calibration of FIELDVUE™ Instruments. Troubleshooting the digital valve controller using ValveLink™ will be performed and basic data interpretation will be introduced.
3 days (8am-4:30pm)
Puffer-Sweiven (Houston Service Center), August 29-31, 2017
For Registration & Information
- FIELDVUE™ Digital Valve Controller Theory of Operations
- FIELDVUE™ Instrument Installation
- Field Communicator for Instrument Configuration, Calibration
- Troubleshooting using a HART communicator
- Diagnostic troubleshooting and data interpretation using ValveLink™ with AD and PD tier devices
This course is for technicians, engineers and others responsible for installing, calibrating and basic troubleshooting of FIELDVUE™ instruments using the ValveLink™ software.
Completion of 1450 is recommended but not required.